Sunday, October 16, 2011

TIME TO ANSWER *

I agree, such criminals such answer for their crimes. I have thought and still think that too often there is an inexplicable readiness to forgive such people and let them go scott-free. How can someone who has raped and murdered and tortured, ever be pure of heart again? If it is possible, then one sign would be that such a person would then want to pay a price for the crimes, and would not want to waltz off free and unaccountable. // So much for the meaning of this poem, whose message is moving. // As for the word choice, I much admire the way you have expressed yourself. So many excellent poetic expressions: "death behind the bars"; "smug oasis"; "weeping walls"; "the strange shadows of crime and pardon"; and--most powerful and poignant for me, as it made me feel my own littleness and vulnerability, the fragility of the tether of my spirit to my body, and the frailty of my body beneath the celestial bodies: "the defeating moon." // A truly excellent poem in meaning, emotion, and esthetic structure. Well done, my brother poet. -poetwithcancer


What a torturous life and terrible memories for the poor victim...thank you for writing this.- LightH2O


http://www.poetfreak.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment