Saturday, July 15, 2017

I See My Own Demise

The poem talks about emersion into the abyss as well as about emancipation. It has also touched upon one of the four aspects of Russian formalism (In French, it is called Le jeu de véridiction, or the game of truth or veridiction; in fact it's a play of I, le jeu (play) du je (I))...when it writes 'I am, what I am not. All the four are:
1. I am what I am (Truth)
2. I am not, what I am (Lie)
3. I am, what I am not (Secret)
4. I am not what I am not (Illusion), where the second 'am' (to be) actually means 'appear' (to appear); for example I am what I appear to be, and so on.
Of course one understands why secret has been chosen because the reader sort of recovers from a force majeure, like saved somehow from an earthquake or a volcano upon reading the very frist line:
'Anxiety was touching the mime'; when mime is affected by anxiety, then the truth, or what we know as truth, falls.
An intellectually stimulating read.-Supratik Sen, Kolkata

No comments:

Post a Comment