Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Unyielding

"Sexism was chasing a
gibbous moon whole night.
I ask the virtuous dark,
will you be a hangman?"

Equating sexism to darkness (evil) - like it.

"Targeted love was a bliss
for a dying man. You need
to walk on a fine line to
attain the liberation."

I need help understanding this stanza. How I interpret it - a dying man's last wish was for love, but most likely is not willing to take the necessary steps to open up to it, or be patient enough with another to allow it to happen.

"Despite the coveted prize,
killing was more convenient.
There hangs a tale, you
cannot play the tune again. "

Instead of pursuing the love, he gave in to his contentment and "killed" love by neglecting or otherwise not "attaining" it. (At this point I realized that the man might be "the darkness" personified as "sexism" in the first stanza; maybe his "sexism" (misogyny) is the preventative force of his failure to love or be loved). EDIT: By neglecting or not otherwise attaining love, his having "killed" love (personified via the moon, his lover) has removed love from (at least) his world forever, therefore he is no longer able to "play the tune" again. Also, making a reference back to the first stanza's "will you be a hangman" line with the line "there hangs a tale" - love that, too.

"Without the hyphen, the
other side becomes blue.
A belief starts the tremors
in the sleeves of a headless moon."

This stanza confused me more than the second one. Not in a "it doesn't make sense" kind of way, but in a "WHAT COULD IT MEAN??" kind of way. My interpretation - I honestly have no idea what the hyphen refers to, but I'm guessing that either the moon or a lifeless 'corpse' (the corpse being love, in this context) turning blue; really good imagery, by the way, either way it goes. His "belief(s)" that "start the tremors" being his sexism again, the tremors representing the disgust felt by the "headless moon" (which might represent either love personified, or the potential lover, at this point; I'm not certain), or the tremors might represent the last feelings of the corpse that is love/the lover being traumatic, maybe the tremors are both because of trauma and disgust. Hard to say.

I don't always dig deep into a specific poem, but when I do, I'm full of ideas that are probably all incorrect. Sorry in advance if I'm misinterpreting it. Lol!

Good write! Saving this to my favorites list.-Terthas

Welcome to a brilliant realm. You will not receive a reply from the teacher. The teacher only teaches. Over 2,000 entries here, he has only his work to share.

We have much to learn, not only here, but from everywhere.-Lawless

I see. Lol.-Terthas

No comments:

Post a Comment