Wednesday, February 16, 2022

The Stony Heart

"I don't need
second coming. I want
you once for all."
This stanza that might seem clumsy in the eyes of mediocre is so powerful, expressing the ultimate contentment in the unfit world which constantly is looking for ultimate change, ultimate redeemer.
Though still one could argue that the "YOU' would be impossible before second coming. ( just saying)
Your poetry is brimful of these fantastic imagery and comparisons.

But some part are for me unsatisfactory like: " proceeding towards the lake of tears." Why lake, why not ocean? what is significant about the lake here, lesser body of water? And proceeding here doesn't express a poetical anticipation that much for me.
And again:
"It was a gratuity? "
"Was it" you mean?
Though I know you are too meticulous to make these errors. So still the reason of misplace question-marks in your works deludes me.-BOB GALLO

No comments:

Post a Comment