Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Exiled

"I threw myself in deep slumber
pledging not to play the game
for others and exiled myself within me
after the rebellion."
.....................
.....................
"The kingdom collapses in brilliance of sun,
the man starts another version of hate.
Acquires the blood of royal vein
and promises to become a beautiful cadaver."

Your above lines instantly reminds me Tagore's ~

"Along the indolent stream of time
My mind ferries to the void sublime;
On that vast canvas
Silhouettes pass;
They trampled ages
Those people countless,
Rushed since long past
Those triumphant robust.
Greedy of empire
Came Mughols and Pathans dire;
Their conquering chariot wheel
Stormed dust, flags hoisted in victorious zeal.
Now in the void there
I find not their traces bare.
In that blue serene
Age to age have been seen
Crimson sunrise and sunset,
Light and shade to alternate."

I find it highly interesting when our poets flash in their own works the solemn thoughts of Tagore with his lofty Himalayan height of aesthetics. But do you yourself see where you link with Tagore?
Rajat Das Gupta.-Rajat Das Gupta, Kolkata

No comments:

Post a Comment